MFT Card Design Superstar Contest Coloring Virtuoso

20.09.2017

Good morning everyone,

I made a second card for the ongoing My Favorite Things 2017 Card Design Superstar contest.

https://www.mftstamps.com/blog/you-could-be-a-2017-card-design-superstar/

I'm entering the Coloring Virtuoso category with an one layer card that I colored with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils.


I used four! different Birdie Brown stamp sets to build the entire scene – «Cool Cat», «Our Story», «I Knead You» and «Lucky Dog». I love how perfectly all those images fit together, just as if they were from one set. And I always enjoy coloring them in, too!

This card is pretty much CAS but with a fun little twist because I wanted to tell a story. At first, I stamped and masked all the images. I don't make scenes like this often, so I really had to plan everything in advance. After all the images were protected by hand-cut masks, I sponged some «Insulation Pink» Premium Dye Ink through the «All Lined Up» stencil to create the subtle striped wall background. It's always like magic when you remove the masks :-)

Next, I carefully colored in my scene. I gave the dog's pillow a denim texture and added little details with a white gelly roll pen. The flower vase and the dog's nose are covered with Glossy Accents for some extra shine. I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger «Liquid Platinum» embossing powder. To finish off my card, I also put on small Nuvo «Rosewater» Jewel Drops.

Big thanks to MFT for hosting this amazing contest – there are already so many creative and outstanding submissions!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Good luck to everyone!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs